Will you support independent, non-partisan journalism?
Become a champion of local news and unlock additional benefits as a LebTown member, like exclusive members-only emails, access to comments, invitations to members-only events, and more.
Make an impact. Cancel anytime.
Already a member? Login here
Lebanon Family Health Services (LFHS) has introduced a new mobile unit that will bring its care directly into the communities it serves.
The new mobile unit was funded by a grant through WellSpan Health’s Imagine Grant program.
The mobile unit will be used to deliver services as part of the Pennsylvania Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC program), such as nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and referrals for pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants, and children under age 5. The WIC program has been shown to save taxpayers about $2.50 in future health care costs for every dollar spent on it.
Here are the mobile unit’s currently announced dates/locations for the remainder of February:
- Monday, Feb. 13, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. – Redner’s Palmyra
- Monday, Feb. 13, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. – Weis Market Palmyra
- Wednesday, Feb. 15, 9 to 11 a.m. – Giant Lebanon (Bowman Street)
- Wednesday, Feb. 15, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – LCCM TFAP Distribution/Noon Meal
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, 9 to 11 a.m. – Giant Lebanon (Bowman Street)
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – LCCM TFAP Distribution/Noon Meal
- Monday, Feb. 27, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. – Redner’s Palmyra
- Monday, Feb. 27, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. – Weis Market Palmyra
Further updates to the mobile unit’s schedule will be shared via LFHS’s website, Instagram account, and Facebook page.
Do you want to see more from LebTown?
Free news isn’t cheap. If you value the journalism LebTown provides to the community, then help us make it sustainable by becoming a champion of local news.
You can unlock additional coverage for the community by supporting our work with a one-time contribution, or joining as a monthly or annual member. You can cancel anytime.
Questions about this story? Suggestions for a future LebTown article? Reach our newsroom using the contact form below and we’ll do our best to get back to you.