LebTown is now hiring for the following positions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with some background information on yourself and we’ll get back to you soon.
The News Writer reports short day-to-day news articles for LebTown.
- Work with LebTown editor to coordinate story selection
- Contact local authorities, officials, and/or business owners to confirm information
- Write short articles that provide clear and well-sourced explanations of news events or community happenings
News Writers work on story assignments and are compensated hourly based on experience.
The Feature Writer reports in-depth stories based on first-hand knowledge.
- Pitch or accept assignments that will interest LebTown readers
- Attend/visit event or location in person and (if applicable) take or arrange for photos
- Write an in-depth article (or photo story)
Feature Writers work on story assignments and are compensated per story based on experience and other factors.
For credit, with paid opportunities available after first semester.
The Intern helps plan, report, and produce stories for LebTown.
- Learn how to write digital news/features content
- Get trained on analytics tools like Parse.ly and CrowdTangle
- Receive feedback on your writing and digital skills
- Get your work published