LebTown is now hiring for the following positions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with some background information on yourself and we’ll get back to you soon.
The News Writer reports short day-to-day news articles for LebTown.
- Monitor LebTown newsroom email inbox and social media feeds for breaking news
- Work with LebTown editor to coordinate story selection
- Contact local authorities, officials, and/or business owners to confirm information
- Write short articles that provide clear and well-sourced explanations of news events
The News Writer will earn a base story fee as well as a story bonus based on traffic over a one-week period from initial publication.
The Feature Writer reports in-depth stories based on first-hand knowledge.
- Pitch assignments that will interest LebTown readers
- Attend/visit event or location in person and (if applicable) take or arrange for photos
- Write your in-depth article (or photo article)
The Feature Writer will earn a base story fee as well as a story bonus based on traffic over a one-week period from initial publication.
For credit, with paid opportunities available after first semester.
The Intern helps plan, report, and produce stories for LebTown.
- Learn how to write digital news/features content
- Get trained on analytics tools like Parse.ly and CrowdTangle
- Receive feedback on your writing and digital skills
- Get your work published