With the high price of gasoline this summer, many families are considering “staycations.” It’s not unusual that some Lebanon Countians take vacation time for the week of the Lebanon Area Fair so that they don’t miss one minute of the action! We’ve put together a list of pro-tips for experiencing the Fair for families on a budget.
- Arrive early. Main Gate admission is free before 3 p.m. each day. After 3 p.m., admission is $5 for everyone age 10 and up.
- Interested in the Midway rides? Buy a wristband for unlimited rides! Saturday, July 23 to Thursday, July 28, ride wristbands are $20 for unlimited rides from TIME to TIME. Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30, ride wristbands are $25 for unlimited rides.
- Buy Track tickets in advance. For the best deal, purchase your tickets in the Fair Office, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can also purchase your tickets online at lebanonareafair.com. All advance tickets include FREE Main Gate admission.
- Order the Lunch Special. It’s the Fair’s version of a Value Meal! Available until sold out, the Lunch Special is available at either the Eatery or Outside Eatery and includes your meal and a Swiss drink. Lunch Specials vary each day, but include taco salad, chicken pot pie, chicken tenders, cheesesteak, fish and French fries.
- Take advantage of special programming days! Monday is Children’s Day – all children admitted FREE all day long and there are additional entertainment acts scheduled in the morning and early afternoon hours. Tuesday is Senior Day – everyone age 65 and up is admitted FREE all day long and free bottled water is available at our Hospitality Gazebo. Thursday is Military Appreciation Day – all military members and veterans are admitted FREE with identification.
- Buy a Weekly Admission or Weekly Track Pass. If you’re going to attend the Fair multiple nights to watch the bands or attend the track events, these advance passes are a must. A Weekly Admission Pass is only $15 and grants you admission every night of the Fair (a $40 value). A Weekly Track Pass is $60 and grants you admission to both the Main Gate and the Track Gate every night of the Fair (a $140 value).
- Eat free snacks. Believe it or not, there are chances at free food at the Fair! On Sunday, July 24 at 7:30 p.m., the Lebanon County Dairy Promotion team serves up the Giant Ice Cream Sundae and bowls are available first come, first serve. Lebanon Area Fair Silver Sponsor Fulton Bank pops fresh popcorn at their booth just inside the Main Entrance almost every night. During Community Night, on Tuesday, July 26, free snacks such as Dieffenbach’s potato chips and local bolognas are available in North Hall from 6-8 p.m. Finally, for those who are really hungry – and competitive – The Merchandiser’s annual Pie Eating Contest is part of Farmer’s Night on Thursday, July 28 at 6:30 p.m.