This post is paid advertising by Lebanon Federal Credit Union.
LFCU and JBT face off in the first-ever battle of the Local “Banks/CUs” head-to-head bowling competition to support Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Every year, community members come together to take part in “Bowl for Kids Sake” hosted by Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region. Big Brothers Big Sisters is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. This year, Big Brothers Big Sisters let it up to the volunteers to take on the “GO BIG” Challenge. Volunteers picked their own activity or challenge in efforts to raise money FOR KIDS SAKE!
LFCU and JBT came together and decided on a friendly bowling competition. The bowling competition was held on June 9 at Palmyra Bowling Alley.
Each team consisted of six employees from each financial institution.
- Wendy Kalbach: VP, Business and Community Development
- Sarah Monk: Senior Electronic Services Manager
- Alaina Smith: Marketing Director
- Tony Filingeri: Collections Manager
- Johnny Teahl: Mortgage Lending Manager
- Joseph Strickler: IT Support Technician
- Troy Peters: President & CEO
- Carrie Ehrgood: VP, Branch Administration Officer
- Ann Decker: AVP, Business Solutions Officer
- Kody Sitch: AVP, Indirect Dealer Manager
- Rodney Becker: CBO, Commercial Relationship Manager
- Sommer VanBrunt: Branch Manager
It was decided that the total combined score from two (2) games would decide the financial institution winner! Credit Union vs. Bank. Lebanon FCU pulled through with the victory with a total score of 1,225 and JBT close behind with 1,171.
Each Financial Institution raised money through their own personal donations, as well as donations from coworkers, friends, and family. JBT took the win in terms of donations by raising over $1,100. LFCU was right behind them raising $1,000. A total of over $2,100 was donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters.