A College and Career Fair will be held at the Lebanon Valley Expo Center from 8am to 2pm Tuesday, October 29. This is the fourth year of the event.
The fair, hosted by the Lebanon County Counselors Association, is targeted toward students in middle and high school, their parents, and even local adults in search of education or employment. It is free for anyone to attend.
“This event will be filled with the information you need to further your education or to find potential employment,” said co-chair of the event Kelly Flowers, Lebanon County CTC school counselor. The other co-chair is John Mentzer, ELCO school counselor.
The fair will partially focus on providing information about skilled jobs. The 2016 Pennsylvania Supply/Demand Gap Analysis (PDF) estimated that skilled jobs will grow by 10.9 percent by 2024, a statistic noted in the event’s press release.
“The Business-Education partnerships, such as apprenticeships and working together with this career fair, help students and adults find the technical and academic skills needed to achieve success in finding higher wage/high demand jobs later,” said Flowers.
Flowers anticipates over 50 college and military representatives, in addition to around 25 businesses listed as vendors. She noted that the amount of booths has grown from previous years.
The businesses currently represented at the fair include Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, Genesis Lighting and Electric, and Spang Crest. A few other organizations such as the Women in Business Committee and the Lebanon Federal Credit Union will also be represented.
Most colleges and universities that will be represented at the fair are based within the state, with a few exceptions like the University of Delaware and the University of Northwestern Ohio. School specializations range from liberal arts, to technology, to culinary arts.
Approximately 2,000 students are expected to be bused to the event from Lebanon County high schools and middle schools.
The fair is still in search of businesses, which can register spaces for $30 each until October 25. To sign up, contact Flowers at (717) 273-8551 ext. 2153.
View the full list, as of October 17, of vendors here.
- ACME Markets
- Arthur Funk & Sons INC Construction
- BlueScope Buildings
- Byler Holdings LLC
- City of Reading Police Department
- Cornwall Manor
- Dutch-way Farm Market
- Ebersole Honda Buick GMC Hyundai
- FirstEnergy’s Power System Institute (PSI) program
- Genesis Lighting and Electric
- Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
- Hershey Family Chiropractic
- I. Auman Machine Co., Inc.
- Kountry Kraft Kitchens, Inc.
- Lebanon Family Health Services
- Lebanon Federal Credit Union
- Met-Ed A First Energy Company
- PA State Police
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Plain and Fancy
- Spang Crest
- StoneRidge Retirement Living
- TE Connectivity
- The High Companies
- The Horst Group – Columbia Cottage
- Volt Workforce Solutions
- Willow Valley Associates
- Women in Business Committee
Participating post-secondary facilities
- Albright University
- Alvernia University
- Arcadia University
- Cabrini University
- Central Penn College
- Central Pennsylvania Diesel Institute
- Delaware Valley University
- DeSales University
- Eastern University
- Goldey-Beacom College
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- IUP Academy of Culinary Arts
- Johnson & Wales University
- Juniata College
- King’s College
- Kutztown University
- Lancaster Bible College
- Lebanon County Career and Technology Center
- Lebanon Valley College
- Lock Haven University
- Mansfield University
- Messiah College
- Millersville University
- Mt. Aloysius College
- Neumann University
- PA Army National Guard
- Penn State University
- Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
- Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Pittsburgh Technical College
- Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences
- Regent University
- Rosemont College
- Saint Joseph’s University
- Shippensburg University
- Slippery Rock
- Susquehanna University
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- The Culinary Institute of America
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- United States Navy
- Universal Technical Institute
- University of Delaware
- University of Mary Washington
- University of Northwestern Ohio
- Walnut Hill College
- West Chester University
- Wilson College
- York College of Pennsylvania
- YTI Career Institute