In its annual ranking of the best places to work in Pennsylvania, two Lebanon County firm made the cut—Candoris out of Annville and Philadelphia Mixing Solutions out of Palmyra. (The “Philly” firm spun out of an earlier gear company that was based in the city.)
Lebanon County’s top employers (after the federal government) are:
- Farmers Pride Inc
- The Good Samaritan Hospital
- Cornwall-Lebanon School District
- Lebanon County
- State Government
- Tyco Electronics
- Swift Transportation Company of AZ
By no means is it guaranteed that these companies were considered in the survey. These contests are typically a money-maker for business journals, which charge upwards of $100/ticket to attend (although oftentimes one ticket is comped per company). That’s in addition to the fee charged for participating in the contest (starting at $695 and going up to $1,995 for larger companies submitting paper apps).
The research/interviews with employees at every participating company are carried out by Best Companies Group, an independent research firm specializing in identifying and recognizing great places to work.
Here are the additional standards companies in the contest must meet:
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business.
- Be a publicly or privately held business.
- Have a business facility in Pennsylvania.
- Have at least 15 full- or part-time employees working in Pennsylvania
- Be in business a minimum of one year.
Company rankings within the list of 100 will be announced at an awards event on Thursday, November 29, 2018 at the Lancaster County Convention Center.