Will you support independent, non-partisan journalism?
Become a champion of local news and unlock additional benefits as a LebTown member, like exclusive members-only emails, access to comments, invitations to members-only events, and more.
Make an impact. Cancel anytime.
Already a member? Login here
Lebanon’s first medical marijuana dispensary is expected to open in the coming weeks (or months) in the old Mann Building at 815 Cumberland Street.
Here’s what you need to do before then if you are hoping to use the facility, which will be operated by Wellness Centers of PA.
Before you visit a practitioner, register for the program through the state’s Medical Marijuana Registry. After you have visited an approved physician, you will return to the portal and complete your application. The cost for the medical marijuana ID card is $50.
As part of your application you can designate up to two caregivers who can obtain medical marijuana on your behalf, however these caregivers will also have to register on the portal, including the background check.
Below you’ll find a list of qualifying conditions as well as doctors in Lebanon County who are approved to prescribe medical marijuana.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Cancer, including remission therapy.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies.
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders.
- HIV / AIDS.
- Huntington’s disease.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Intractable seizures.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Neurodegenerative diseases.
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain.
- Sickle cell anemia.
- Terminal illness.
Lebanon County Department of Health Medical Marijuana Approved Practitioners
Albert Fombu, M.D.
283 South Butler Road, Mount Gretna, PA 17064
See comment below regarding Dr. Fombu.
Dan Lorenzo, M.D.
918 Russell Drive, Lebanon, PA 17042
John Welch, M.D.
1400 South Forge Road, Palmyra, PA 17078 and 10484 Jonestown Road, Annville, PA 17003
Dr Fombu does not help people. I called and they said he took the course, but he does not prescribe it to people. I am at a loss as to how to get help.
Dr. Khan Arthur is no longer at the Lebanon VA.
Thank you, I will update the post.