The perpetrators of a series of rifle rounds that struck houses in the area of Grace Avenue on December 30 and December 31 are likely to have gotten away with their blatant lack of gun safety. For now, at least.
What North Lebanon Township Police had previously confirmed as an active and ongoing investigation has now reached a dead-end with police saying that all leads have been exhausted and the case will be revisited if new ones emerge.
Although police have told residents that they believe the shots could have been coming from the Smutzie, property owner George Christianson told investigators that no one was permitted to be on the property that day. As Christianson told us back on January 5 when we talked to him, “I’m as concerned as everyone else.”
The incident was first shared on Facebook on New Year’s Eve morning by resident Lauren Reinbold.
In the post, Reinbold identified the bullets as 7.62mm rifle rounds. She said that the bullets struck the house around 3:45pm on Sunday December 30 and early in the morning on Monday December 31. “This person was firing at homes on 2 separate days now and needs to know they’re putting lives in danger,” she said.