The 13.9 acre campus of Lebanon Catholic School, located at 1400 Chestnut St., has been listed for $2.45 million.
Jim and Jeffrey Koury of Leymone-based RSR, Realtors are the listing agents for the property, which was posted this week.
“The former Lebanon Catholic High School consists of four buildings, including: the 69,931 SF main school building, 6,124 SF Convent, 6,124 SF Office Building, & a 1,650 SF weight room situated on 13.9 acres across three separate tracts,” reads the listing description.
The listing notes the property is zoned as residential high-density, “allowing apartments on site.”
The closure of Lebanon Catholic, founded in 1859, was announced on April 28 by Ronald Gainer, the leader of the Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg.
The school’s current campus was dedicated in 1959 after a $1.25 million building program. Before the move, the school occupied a building at Willow and Liberty Sts. which today serves as Calvary Chapel.
Prior to becoming a campus, the land was known as the grounds of Lebanon’s historic Patch family. In 1950, anticipating the need for more room, the diocese had purchased the land from the Lebanon American Legion, which aimed to construct a new Legion home on the grounds before abandoning the effort due to a lack of funds.