Lebanon City announced Friday afternoon, June 19, that its fundraising effort for a Fourth of July fireworks display was a success.
“The City is pleased to announce that the Fourth of July display will take place thanks to all the generous donations that business and community members contributed over the last week,” said Mayor Sherry Capello in a press release. “THANK YOU!”
As previously reported, this year’s celebration will still include a fireworks display, but will otherwise be different from the usual offering at Coleman Memorial Park.
Mayor Capello said that the park itself would be closed at 7:30 p.m. Capello has proposed to close streets around the park to vehicular traffic, and is attempting to arrange of on-lot parking as well.
Capello said previously that spectators inside the park for the fireworks display usually amount to about 1,500 individuals, a gathering size not compatible with current social distancing guidelines.
“The City will be releasing more details and acknowledgements of the generous donors as they are being finalized,” said Capello in the release.
Donations can still be made until July 1. To donate to the Lebanon Fourth of July fireworks display, visit the GoFundMe page here or send a check payable to the “City of Lebanon Fireworks Fund” to: Mayor’s Office, 400 S. 8th Street, Lebanon, PA 17042.
“Please stay tuned for further information,” said Capello. “Patriotism is alive in the Lebanon Community!”