Will you support independent, non-partisan journalism?
Become a champion of local news and unlock additional benefits as a LebTown member, like exclusive members-only emails, access to comments, invitations to members-only events, and more.
Make an impact. Cancel anytime.
Already a member? Login here
- Cook (StoneRidge Retirement Living Communities)
- 211- Bi-Lingual IR Specialist-Lebanon (United Way of Lancaster County)
StoneRidge Retirement Living Communities
The Cook role at Poplar Run Retirement Living Community in Myerstown works in a full-service restaurant/kitchen and performs line, made-to-order and batch cooking for our residents.
StoneRidge Retirement Living Communities is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization that has been serving Central PA for over 95 years. As an equal opportunity employer, our mission, vision and core values provide the foundation upon which we take care of our team members so they, in turn, provide genuine care for our residents.
Our team members enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision – 100% employer paid for the employee
- HSA account with employer contribution
- Short-term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off
- Up to $3,000 incentive pay
- Up to $2,500 towards RN student loan debt
- Company-provided uniforms
- Discounted employee meals
- Employee referral incentive program
- Celebration events
The major responsibilities, duties and functions of the Cook position are:
- Prepares and cooks food according to HACCP procedures
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food items which are nutritional and appetizing according to the recipes and production records
- Follows and records for prep/pull sheets
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production sheets and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements
- Follows standards of record-keeping of all food and refrigeration temperatures, taste testing and appearance
- Plates orders with attention to presentation, portion size and accuracy
- Performs opening and/or closing kitchen/shift duties
- Supervises team members in absence of GM/Supervisor; communicates any changes/concerns to GM/Supervisor
- May assist with the proper rotation of stored and delivered food items
- Interacts with Team Members, Residents and Guests in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintains confidentiality of Residents, Team Members, Family and Facility information
United Way of Lancaster County
211- Bi-Lingual IR Specialist-Lebanon
Full-time position with benefits for a bi-lingual (English/Spanish) I&R (Information and Referral) Specialist for Social Service needs in Lebanon, PA.
For full job description, click here (PDF).
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday OR Sunday – Thursday.
11:00 a.m. – 8 p.m. with a one hour break or 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. with a half hour break.
Send resume to Wendy Jarrett at JARRETT@UWLanc.org.
If you are a company owner, HR coordinator, or hiring manager, and you’d like your company’s job posting included on our weekly listing, visit our job listings submission page.
Do you want to see more from LebTown?
Free news isn’t cheap. If you value the journalism LebTown provides to the community, then help us make it sustainable by becoming a champion of local news.
You can unlock additional coverage for the community by supporting our work with a one-time contribution, or joining as a monthly or annual member. You can cancel anytime.
Questions about this story? Suggestions for a future LebTown article? Reach our newsroom using the contact form below and we’ll do our best to get back to you.