Will you support independent, non-partisan journalism?
Become a champion of local news and unlock additional benefits as a LebTown member, like exclusive members-only emails, access to comments, invitations to members-only events, and more.
Make an impact. Cancel anytime.
Already a member? Login here
The South Londonderry Board of Supervisors unanimously approved the township’s 2023 budget at its regular meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 12.
The budget includes $3,759,846 in expected revenues and $3,954,295 in expected expenditures, according to an earlier presentation to the board.
Read More: A look into South Londonderry Township’s draft 2023 budget
Resident Pat Krebs spoke in public comment suggesting additional funds be allotted for crosswalk improvement projects.
Another resident seconded Krebs’ comments and suggested the township hire someone to apply for grants to leave them more money for projects.
Chairman Faith Bucks responded that she feels the township’s grant-writing abilities are sufficient as is.
The board also invited qualified residents of the township to apply for expiring terms and/or vacancies in these positions:
- Municipal Authority, five-year term
- Planning Commission, four-year term
- Zoning Hearing Board, three-year term
- Historical Commission, three-year term
- Vacancy Board, one-year term
- Earned Income Tax Bureau, one-year term
- Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority, five-year term
- Fire board, members at large, one-year term
- Palmyra Library Board, one-year term
In other news, supervisors:
- Unanimously agreed to advertise Ordinance 205 to put no-parking signs on Landings Drive.
- Unanimously agreed to reduce the Lyndel Subdivision’s financial security by $60,506.20, down to zero.
- Unanimously approved Resolution 20-2022 setting up a street light assessment for 2023.
- Unanimously approved Resolution 21-2022 establishing 2023’s tax schedule.
- Unanimously agreed to a request from the municipal authority to advertise for a new wastewater operator.
- Unanimously approved the minutes for their Nov. 9 meeting.
- Unanimously approved new bill and payroll lists.
South Londonderry Township supervisors meet at 27 W. Market St. on the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. The next meeting will be held Jan. 10. These meetings are open to the public and do not require registration.
Questions about this story? Suggestions for a future LebTown article? Reach our newsroom using this contact form and we’ll do our best to get back to you.
Do you want to see more from LebTown?
Support local news. Cancel anytime.
Already a member? Login here
Free news isn’t cheap. If you value the journalism LebTown provides to the community, then help us make it sustainable by becoming a champion of local news. You can unlock additional coverage for the community by supporting our work with a one-time contribution, or joining as a monthly or annual member. You can cancel anytime.