Cornwall Manor Retirement Community will host a Consumer Protection Fair on Monday, March 4 in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General’s Bureau of Consumer Protection.
The event will be held in the Freeman Auditorium at the Freeman Community Center from 11am to 3pm. Cornwall Manor is located at 1 Boyd Street, Cornwall, PA.
The event will educate Pennsylvania consumers about scams, cons, and other crimes. The AG’s office has previously said that seniors are more likely to be targeted by seniors because criminals think seniors are easier to trick, have more assets, are generally more trusting of others and are less likely to report the crime, sometimes due to embarrassment over being duped.
From 12pm to 12:45pm, Jerry O. Mitchell, Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General’s Education and Outreach Specialist, will address the gathering about the latest scams and how consumers can protect themselves.
Here are some of the federal, state, and local agencies that will be there to answer questions:
- United States Social Security Administration
- United States Postal Inspection Service
- Utilities United Against Scams
- Pennsylvania Office of Consumer Advocate
- Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities
- Pennsylvania Insurance Department
- Office of Attorney General Healthcare
- Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Cornwall Borough Police Department
For more information, call 717-273-2647.