The Lebanon County Department of Emergency Services launched an online portal on Tuesday, Jan. 12, making vaccine registration more readily available to qualified individuals in Phase 1A, 1B, and 1C designations.
Vaccines will not be fulfilled by the county itself but through participating providers, such as Lancaster Health Center and WellSpan Health.
“Anything we can do as an agency to speed up the availability of the vaccine will put our county closer to getting our economy and quality of life back.”, said Bob Dowd, director of the Department of Emergency Services, in a press release. The release notes that other interested providers should contact the Lebanon County Department of Emergency Services.
The Google-hosted registration forms – which are only meant to be used by individuals who have not already registered elsewhere – collect employment information, COVID test status, and license numbers if applicable.
The signup form for 1A stipulates that registrants must be actively licensed; currently employed or actively volunteering with an organization that provides licensed EMS and QRS; and have run a call and had patient contact within the last 45 days.
After eligibility is verified, registrants will be contacted with specific scheduling information and other paperwork to advance the process.
According to the site, at present 1,154 individuals have registered for the vaccine through Lebanon County DES.
In addition to the county, health care operators are also providing vaccine registrations to 1A-qualified organizations.
Lancaster Health Center and Welsh Mountain Health Center, which merged recently, have immunized over 180 Lancaster and Lebanon County EMS staff to date (in addition to facility staff). 1A organizations interested in receiving the vaccine through Lancaster Health Center should see here.
WellSpan is also vaccinating its own employees as well as other community health care providers.
Nursing home residents have been included in the first round of vaccinations.
State Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine said Tuesday that the commonwealth’s distribution plan will soon be updated to include more older Pennsylvanians. No general registration forms are available for the public to get vaccinated at this time.
Health care personnel including, but not limited to:
- Emergency medical service personnel
- Nursing assistants
- Dental hygienists
- Pharmacy technicians
- Health professions students and trainees
- Direct support professionals
- Clinical personnel in school settings or correctional facilities
- Contractual HCP not directly employed by the health care facility
- Persons not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious material that can transmit disease among or from health care personnel and patients
- First responders
- Correctional officers and other workers serving people in congregate care settings not included in Phase 1A
- Food and agricultural workers
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Grocery store workers
- Education workers
- Clergy and other essential support for houses of worship
- Public transit workers
- Individuals caring for children or adults in early childhood and adult day programs
Essential workers in these sectors:
- Transportation and logistics
- Water and wastewater
- Food service
- Housing construction
- Finance, including bank tellers
- Information technology
- Energy, including nuclear reactors
- Legal services
- Federal, state, county and local government workers, including county election workers, elected officials and members of the judiciary and their staff
- Public safety
- Public health workers
For more information on how these phases are defined, see the state resource here (PDF).
Questions about this story? Suggestions for a future LebTown article? Reach our newsroom using the contact form below and we’ll do our best to get back to you.
Do you support local news?
If you believe that Lebanon County needs independent, high-quality journalism, consider joining LebTown as a member. Your support will go directly towards stories like this and you will be helping ensure that our community has a reliable news source for years to come.
Learn more about membership and join now here.