This month’s First Friday Lebanon Art Walk is tomorrow, and LebTown is here with all you need to know for the night’s festivities.
Organized by the Lebanon Valley Council on the Arts, First Friday takes place on (you guessed it) the first Friday of each month, with stores and restaurants in Lebanon and Mt. Gretna opening up to the public and showcasing art and music.
At the Art Center (770 Cumberland Street), the Lebanon Valley Council on the Arts will be featuring a night of music and art. Lebanon County native and current art teacher at Lebanon High School Luke Topping curated the evening, which features his work and music, as well as art by current Lebanon resident Kevin Durr and performances by a few other groups (see the full schedule below).
Also taking place tomorrow night: Ghost tours of the Lebanon Farmers Market. Find all you need to know here.
At Scott Church’s Living Room, Daniel DiFava Jr. will be holding a gallery showing of Stigma People. This show features portraits of humans who have been affected by suicide. The Living Room will also be hosting an open mic night starting at 8pm Friday.
Find the full schedule of gallery locations and events below.
(Something we missed? Email it to email@example.com with the subject “First Friday”.)
- Lebanon Valley Council on the Arts (Music starts at 6pm)
- The Downtown Lounge (Music starts at 8pm)
- “Dr. M and the.rhythm.bots are back at the DTL with their pencils and notebooks ready to kick off the school year. Justin Morell on guitar, Jeff Lovell on sax, Mike Guerrisi on bass, and Bob Valgenti on drums.”
- Fertig’s Something Beautiful
- “Fall crafts for the kids and a host of beautiful handcrafted items for those looking for something special for their Fall decorating or maybe even early Christmas shopping”
- Lebanon Family Health Services
- “Join Lebanon Family Health Services and SARCC for carnival games & facepainting and meet some emerging artists including Noah Keeney. The 2nd floor features artwork from survivors of sexual violence. Understandably they prefer to remain anonymous but their theme is one of self-discovery and the healing journey.”
- Holey Truth (Music throughout the evening)
- “Piercing special from 5-8 PM. Artwork by studio favorites, plus Hip Hop Music selections by Eric MacFaline.”
- Domino’s Pizza (Paint Night)
- “Join Zen Cat Creatives for Paint Night during First Friday at Domino’s. ‘True Love’ is a painting project any dog lover will adore. This special event costs $30 per person and you get free pizza, soda and snacks!”
- Timeless Cafe
- Featuring our September artist Stephanie Ebling. Stop in and enjoy some light meals and delicious coffees and teas.
- Lebanon Farmer’s Market (Music throughout the evening)
- “Candies, Crafts, Produce, Fine Food and Drink, All under one roof, Vendors open until 7:00 PM. Enjoy the music by talented local musicians, The Neighborly. Plus Ghost Tours every hour from 5 PM with medium, Jan McGee.”
- Scott Church’s Living Room (Music throughout the evening)
- “Daniel DiFava Jr. presents his photographic essay ‘Stigma People’ highlighting the toll suicide takes on the community. Meanwhile you can catch live Rock with James Bryan and all the way from Harrisburg, Jelli.”
- Re:Create Arts Initiative (Music from 7:30pm – 9:30m)
- Live Music from 7:30 – 9:30pm from Luther Tyree. Thrift Store & FREE Community Crafting will be open as usual from 5pm.
- Pop Up Art Fair (Walton Street between 8th and 9th)
- “Pop Up Art Fair is back for September. Shop a spectacular line-up of local original artists & crafters.”
- Pop Up Car Show (behind Scott Church’s Studio)
- “Pop Up Art Car Show in the area behind Scott Church’s Studio. Near the Loading Dock Stage “
- Lebanon Picture Frame & Fine Art
- “For the past decade, Lebanon Picture Frame & Fine Art Gallery has been bringing together over 50 participating local artists for one colossal small works group show. Be prepared to be delighted by the stellar entries at the Artists’ Reception on first Friday, September 6th, from 5 to 8PM. The exhibition will remain on view for the rest of the month.”
- The Gallery at Cigale (Gretna)
- “September First Friday at the Gallery at La Cigale: Artist reception from 5pm to 8pm for Septembers Guest Artist Robert Good, wood carvings. Robert creates functional as well as strictly ornamental woodcarvings, sometimes from reclaimed wood. Like a bowl-from a 250-year-old Beech Tree that stood at the historic Demuth Tobacco Shop in Lancaster Pa. He uses walnut, cherry, dogwood, holly and maple to create unique pieces of Art.”
- Porch and Pantry (Gretna)
- “Jayne Jones will be the featured artist for Mt. Gretna Porch and Pantry restaurant. Jayne conjures vintage floral recreations from recyled containers, silk flowers and ribbons.”
- The Timbers (Gretna, music starts at 6pm)
- “Featuring Oil Paintings by Robert Heilman, and Modified Steampunk Lighting by Max Hunsicker with Jewelry by Kate Dolan Music from 6 to 9 PM with Pianist- Andy Roberts, Trumpet-Bob Meashey and Bassist- Peter Paulsen.”
Paint Night at Domino’s Pizza
Zen Cat Creatives will be hosting a Paint Party at Domino’s Lebanon. $30 per person gets you pizza, soda, snacks, and all the supplies you need to make your own version of “True Love”! (Yes, they have a template to help guide your work.) More information here.
Musical Lineup at LVCA
6:00pm Jesse Barki
Prolific songwriter from the Hudson Valley who has led multiple bands hailing from Lebanon Valley College and Lancaster, PA and who has toured most of the East Coast. Introspective and lyrically driven, his beautiful melodies are offset by rich chord voicings on his often open tuned, left-handed set-up.
6:30pm Ciaran Carmichael
Lebanon native and son of long-standing organizer of the LVCA, Ciaran Carmichael is a song writer trying to hit the big-time in Nashville. He is a versatile song writer that has written everything from solo-piano to pop-punk to groovy funk tunes, and has been playing music publicly since his days in the legendary band Half-Past Six over a decade ago.
7:00pm Blind Scout
Folk trio featuring cello, guitar, and the glock. Based in Lancaster, PA the members Evan Fleming-Buck, Matt Miller, and Joe Mancinelli weave together poetic lyrics, balanced harmonies, and layered instrumental nuance.
6:00pm Luke Topping
An artist who moonlights as a songwriter. Writes within the wide spectrum of indy folk, and whose lyrics tend toward the earnest. He was once in a band called Oh Great Mississippi.